Fundraising is at the core of what we do at Waggy Tails Rescue. We receive no government funding or help from anyone – except you, the general public.
Click the below headings for different fundraising ideas:
ideas at home
- Invite your friends to a coffee morning, tea party, American supper, cheese and wine etc, and we will give you display material. Ask everyone to contribute and charge for entry.
- Have a tombola, or bring and buy.
- Spring clean and have a car boot or garage sale.
- If you go to a club or pub, ask the landlord to organise a quiz and donate the entry fees to Waggy Tails.
- Do something that will enable you to raise sponsorship money eg. A silence, a swim, a walk, a haircut, a shave, a diet, etc.
- Ask every shop you go into if they will display a poster or have a collecting tin.
- If you go to the gym, get sponsorship for ‘miles’ on the treadmill or exercise bike, or lengths in the pool.
- If you are a keen gardener, hold a plant ‘swop’ or sale.
ideas at work
- Ask if you can have collection box. We will supply a poster/pictures to accompany it.
- If you all have to ‘look smart’, suggest a dress-down day, with all participants donating. You could wear silly ties, hats or ear-rings! Invite us along to say ‘Thank You’!
- Suggest a ‘take a pet to work’ day. It could be real, or a toy version.
- Suggest to your colleagues you all get together and organise a fundraising supper party. Everyone brings a dish, and all give a donation.
- Ask if you can display a poster in the staff canteen. And keep talking about Waggy Tails at every given opportunity.
- Sign up to payroll giving, and encourage your colleagues to do the same.
- Hold a small raffle and ask your boss to donate a prize.
ideas at school
- Tell your teacher what you want to do and get their ideas as he/she’s probably done lots of things like this before.
- Suggest to your class that you have a competition to draw your pet. We will judge and give a prize.
- Ask if someone from Waggy Tails can come along to give a talk in return for a donation of money or dog food.
- Get your mums to bake cakes and sell them at school, giving the proceeds to Waggy Tails.
- Get your class to bring in photos of their pets and, for a donation, display them on a notice board. Then everyone has to guess whose pet belongs to who.
- Hold a bring and buy sale at guides/scouts youth clubs etc.
- Offer to clean cars for parents/teachers in return for a ‘wage’ which you donate to Waggy Tails.
- Have a sponsored ‘Silence’ or ‘Spelling bee’
- Ask if you can have a toy sale at school.
We now have an online system for donating to Waggy Tails. This is through the Charities Aid Foundation.
If you wish to make a donation please click on the button below
Did you know?
It is amazing what only a little bit of money can buy. This is what your help and
money can do:
£1 Food for a small dog for a day
£2 1 worming tablet lasts 3 months
£4 2 months flea treatment for a medium size dog
£25 Booster vaccination
£35 Primary healthcheck
£50 Orthopaedic consultation
£2000 Orthopaedic operation
£3000 Cataract Removal