Waggy Tails Rescue may update this policy from time to time. This policy is effective from 01.05.2018
Who we are
By Waggy Tails Rescue we refer to:
- The Charity, Waggy Tails Rescue(registered charity number 1114957)
- Waggy Tails Rescue Limited (registered company number 5750206)
Waggy Tails Rescue takes Data Protection seriously and we comply with the law. All forms and transactions on our website (www.waggytails.org.uk) meet with Data Protection requirements. We will ask your consent to send you future communications and by which method and we will review consent permissions every 5 years, but you can get in touch with us at any time to change your preferences or to opt out of all news, fundraising and events communications.
Our Data Controller
Shelagh Meredith, Chairman, is our Data Controller at Waggy Tails Rescue. You can contact her by calling 01202 875000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Waggy Tails Rescue, Helen’s House, 143 Magna Road, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 3AW
Waggy Tails Rescue collects information from the public in a number of ways.
For example, we ask for contact and other information when members of the public are looking to rehome a dog or small animal, via our “Application Form” or if they are looking to relinquish their dog or small animal. The information collected includes name, address, contact details and preferences about the type of dog you wish to rehome, and lifestyle questions to determine if you are a match.
We will only use your name, contact details, date of birth and whether you were looking to rehome a dog for marketing purposes if you agree for us to do so. We will not use any other information from this form for information about news, fundraising and events. The Charity will stay in contact using the details collected to help you to find a dog, or to keep in touch in regards to animal wellbeing and welfare as agreed as part of the rehoming process.
If you are a friend of Waggy Tails Rescue, we will ask for information that enables us to administer your donation. This will normally include your name, contact information, such as address, email or telephone number, payment information and Gift Aid status.
Other details that we may ask for and keep on record are:
- Date of Birth/Age – To make sure that information we send is appropriate(if we have consent to contact you).
- Event history – A record of events you have been invited to, attended or hosted. E.g. If you took part in a fundraising skydive or attended a first aid course.
- Communications history – To keep a record of communications between Waggy Tails Rescue and you. E.g. This might be a record of a thank you letter send for a donation or record of a letter you may have sent to us. It could also be a copy of your “Adoption Form”.
- Donation history – A record of the donations you have given and the method that you gave them (and if you have signed a Gift Aid declaration)
- Friend/Sponsor – If you are a friend/sponsor of Waggy Tails Rescue
- Relationship – Who you have a relationship with, e.g. if a husband and wife are both on our database, we want to make sure we communicate with them as they choose. We may also store information if you are a volunteer, staff or any other specific group or if you work with us on a professional basis, the name of the company that you work for and your job title.
- Animal relationship – Information about a dog or small animal that you have adopted from us, fostered,or relinquished. If you have told us about other pets, we may also have this on record.
- Source information – Where your contact information has come from. E.g. if you adopted a dog or small animal or if you took part in a fundraising event.
If you believe any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
From time to time we may contact you to ensure that the information you have provided us with remains accurate and up to date. In some circumstances we may use external data lists to ensure the data we have is still accurate.
To help us communicate the work we are doing and provide these services we use Mail Chimp.
Waggy Tails Rescue do not share, sell or swap your information with other organisations to use for their own marketing.
Like all organisations, we may comply with requests for the disclosure of personal information where this is required or permitted by law. This could include requests from law enforcement or tax agencies. In these circumstances, the request must be submitted in writing and in accordance with the relevant legal requirements.
In some instances, we may carry out analysis of the personal information that you have provided to us and add publically available information to help us tailor our communications to you. This could include information on your interests, preferences, and the level of any potential donations to help us to improve our services and manage our contact with you in an appropriate way.
Contacting you about news, fundraising and events includes:
- Information and updates about new, current and previous dog and cat residents
- News about those who are part of the WTR community, including staff, volunteers and supporters, and issues affecting Helen’s House
- Issues and advice about animal welfare
- Events in support of the Charity. These are usually a mix of educational and fundraising events.
- Fundraising campaigns and activities (including gifts in wills and raffles)
- Promotion and advertising from WTR sponsors (within our own publications)
- Volunteer and paid job opportunities at WTR
- News and information about WTR
- We may contact you to ask for your contribution towards our newsletters (such as our Dogs reunited and Successes features)
Changing your consent preferences
We will undertake a review of consent after 5 years, but you can update your consent preferences at any time.
You can update by emailing us at email@example.com or you can write to us at Waggy Tails Rescue, Helen’s House, 143 Magna Road, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 3AW. You can request specific preferences not listed on our online form by contacting us via phone, email or post.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the address above.
No further marketing contact
You can request to receive no further marketing from the Charity from all channels (mail, phone, email) and we can keep this on record to ensure that your wish is upheld. Please contact us directly to request this.
Tracking Data & Online Security Emails
Some emails that we send you have no tracking in at all e.g. service emails with invoices or receipts attached. Other emails we send we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on the email. We do not use this information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked, then you should opt out of our emails which you can do via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send.
Cookies and Web Privacy
Waggy Tails Rescue are committed to respecting and protecting your online privacy.
This includes your need and right to know what we do with the personal information you share with us, including how the information is collected, processed, and for what purposes.
The Collection of information
Every time you visit our website, your IP (Internet Protocol) address registers on our servers. Your IP address reveals no information other than the number assigned to you. We do not use this technology to get any personal data against your knowledge or free will (for example automatically recording e-mail addresses of visitors). Nor do we use it for any purpose other than to help us monitor traffic on our website, or (in the case of criminal activity or misuse of our information) to cooperate with law enforcement.
We use a number of different cookies on our site and our website. A cookie is a small file which may be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual by remembering small information about your preferences.
If you want to know more about cookies, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk for detailed information and guidance.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Google Analytics provides anonymous statistics on website usage. Cookies are used to track the source of a visitor, their session on the website (to associate multiple page views to one visit) and whether they are a new or returning visitor.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All of our payment processing is secure and is handled by different companies.
Payments and donations are handled by Paypal. Paypal will use the data they receive for payment processing only. View PayPal’s user agreement to find out how they deal with privacy and security.
This is linked to CAF bank and offers payment through Paypal, Credit/Debit Card or through a CAF account.
These are administered by Worldpay and fully compliant.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Further information and questions