Our Rehoming Area
We only rehome within East Dorset or West Hampshire (BH and SO40-45 postcodes). This is to ensure we are able to conduct prehoming checks and followups. None of that would be possible without a network of volunteers and just a few paid staff members.
Our Adoption Criteria
- Dogs must not be left more than 4 hours a day
- Households cannot have children under 6 years old
- You must live within East Dorset or West Hampshire (BH and SO40-45 postcodes)
- You must have a secure rear garden
Our Adoption Procedure
- Call or contact us for an Adoption Pack. Alternatively, download the pack.
- Return the completed application form and form from your vet
- Contact will be made by one of our Home Checkers to come and discuss owning a rescue dog with the family
- Then you can come and see if we have a suitable dog for you and discuss the options
When: 1st Saturday of every month. 11am
Where: West Parley Memorial Hall, Dorset, BH22 8SQ
These follow the presentation of the Dogs which starts at 10am. There is limited parking so it is advisable to arrive early. This is a great chance to see the dogs and meet the team. It is great for prospective and new owners of rescue dogs and puppies. It is also part of our adoption criteria so a must for first timers and experienced dog owners.
It’s an excellent opportunity to ask questions and tap into the knowledge of our volunteers.
Older / disabled Dogs
Dogs over 10 years of age or with a disability come under our special scheme, so help will be given for veterinary treatment in certain circumstances.
Please contact us for details.